Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Can I clarify something? I am a firm believer in doing what you love. I love to write. I get this feeling in the pit of my stomach like i'm anticipating the drop on a roller coaster everytime I get inspired to scribble something. Getting tingly just thinking about it! I also belive in sharing your gift, your passion. That's what i'm doing with this project. And I am not a modest one so yes, I think i'm kind of decent with the pen. :)

Dork moment? 4th grade I got Where the Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein. At that moment, 9 years old, I knew poetry was my thing! It was fun, it was sad, it was silly. It did something to my little psyche. By the time I hit 7th grade I'd grown an affinity for the great Maya Angelou, Langston Hughes, Nikki Giovanni. When I found out there was poetry in the bible...Jesus! Song of Solomon...so beautiful. How could I not fall in love with expressing myself this way? Poetry keeps me from crying, fighting, destroying property. Lol. It makes me smile, makes me hot. I think you get the idea. If not, scroll down and read 'like this'!

Excerpts tomorrow. Eyes and minds open.

♡: Jai-Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment